Cosmetic Dentistry is the dental practice of improving the appearance of your teeth. The main focus would be the improvement of colour, shape, position, alignment and the overall appearance of your smile.
Here at Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we have a range of cosmetic procedures to help our patients achieve their dream smile.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a tooth. This helps restore the shape, strength, size and improve the appearance of the tooth.
There a whole range of reasons for someone needing a dental crown, such as:
• Protecting a weak tooth from breaking.
• Restoring a broken tooth or one that has been severely worn down.
• Covering and supporting a tooth with a large filling.
• Holding a dental bridge in place.
• Covering a misshapen or discoloured tooth.
• Covering a dental implant.
• A cosmetic modification.
Our dentistry has access to CEREC technology. This advanced dental system allows us to provide patients with crowns within in minutes. Utilising 3D computer imaging design, our crowns are custom-designed to create the perfect fit.
Our crowns are created from high-quality porcelain and bonded in place. This means that our patients do not require temporary crowns or follow up visits. Find out more about our CEREC crown treatment here.
Dental implants are used as replacement tooth roots. The implants provide a solid foundation for replacement teeth which are meant to match your natural teeth. The root will be made from titanium and shaped like a screw. The root is securely inserted into the jawbone, so it remains permanent. The root is then covered by a crown and colour matched to look like a real tooth.
There are many advantages to dental implants, such as:
• Improved appearance – They look more realistic than alternatives.
• Improved comfort – The secure fit allows the implant to become part of you and feel natural.
• Improved speeches – Alternatives such as dentures can slip which can cause mumbling and slurred words.
• Easy eating – As they function like normal teeth, you can eat your favourite foods as you would do normally.
• Improving self-esteem – Dental implants restore your smile allowing you to smile with confidence.
• Durability – Dental implants are very durable and can last years. With proper maintenance and care, a lot of implants will last a lifetime.
• Convenience – A dental implants are secured in your mouth, this means they don’t have to be removed like dentures.
Read more about our dental implant treatment here.
Invisalign treatment is used to improve the alignment of your teeth, resulting in an improved smile. Invisalign clear aligners fit snugly over the teeth and gently move teeth into position, even rotating them when needed. Invisalign can be used to treat dental problems such as protruding incisors, open bite, crossbite, spaces in teeth and crowded teeth.
Unlike alternatives such as braces, Invisalign aligners are clear, making them very hard to notice. The trays are also removable, which allows those undergoing the treatment to do all the things they normally do such as eating what they like and brushing their teeth.
You can find out more about our Invisalign treatment here.
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic treatment which involves brightening and whitening the colour of the teeth. At Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we use the ZOOM!® whitening system. This system involves a unique bleaching gel that we apply to the teeth and then is accelerated by a special light. The hydrogen peroxide in the gel breaks down and enters the enamel and dentin, which bleaches the stained surfaces. This leaves your teeth looking whiter with the structure of the enamel remaining unchanged. This process only takes up to 1 hour and leaves teeth dramatically whiter.
The main benefit of teeth whitening is boosted self-confidence. Some people may have been embarrassed by stained teeth from coffee etc. making them self-conscious about there smile. With teeth whitening, then can smile freely without any worrying doubts.
You can find out more about our teeth whitening treatment by clicking here.
At our dentistry, we also offer general dentistry treatment, such as check-ups and hygienist appointments. These treatments ensure that your oral health is the best that it can be.
You can browse our full range of treatments by clicking here. If you are interested in any of our treatments, please enquire today by calling on 01482 666635. You can also book an appointment via our booking system on our website. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or queries, a member of our team will be happy to help.